19 Wire Rd., Livingston
Privately set back from the road on a ridge with Hudson River and Catskill Mountain views and accessed by a long drive through a working orchard of 450 apple trees, this 86-acre estate is magical. An unparalleled country retreat for weekend or year-round living, it's centered by a thoughtfully restored, completely renovated and expanded Second Empire Victorian. Original turn of the century appointments of arched doorways, ornate marble fireplaces, tiger mahogany pocket doors, and black walnut millwork in beautifully-proportioned rooms with tall ceilings have been deftly combined and updated with a Green focus utilizing solar and geothermal for electric, heating and air conditioning. Together they create an incomparable residence with a vintage flair ready for sustainable modern living. The heart-of-the-house Great Room with bespoke chef's kitchen features quartz counters, top designer appliances, banquette breakfast area, a center island; and family room with soaring coffered ceiling, oversize fireplace and a dramatic wall of glass taking in the most mesmerizing panoramic vista of the Hudson River and Catskill Mountains. A five star resort-worthy entertaining wing features an indoor pool with a specially designed energy efficient enclosure and ventilation system for year-round recreation. The original six-sided stone icehouse has been converted into a unique fully-equipped bar and wine room. Adding to the amenities, a staircase takes you to a home theater and game room. Outside, a two-level slate terrace with pergola, built-in summer kitchen and firepit overlooks a sweeping lawn and flower gardens. A naturalist's paradise, there are over 2 miles of woodland trails for hiking, ATV biking, cross country skiing or just relaxing country walks. For fishing, swimming or quiet picnics along the stream bank, the estate features over half a mile of direct frontage on the Roe-Jan Kill. Finishing this magical setting is an architecturally complementing four-car garage with workshop, two classic red barns, a three-stall horse barn with two paddocks, a chicken coop, raised bed and fenced vegetable gardens with drip irrigation, and a sports court.
- MLS® #20192439
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage10,211
- Year Built1880
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- FeaturesCEILING-CATHEDRAL, FRENCH DOORS, SECURITY SYSTEM, BAR-WET, OTHER/SEE REMARKS
- ParkingOTHER/SEE REMARKS
- # of Garages3
- GaragesGarage Attached
- ViewWATER, MEADOW, MOUNTAIN, PANORAMIC, RIVER
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Exterior FeaturesSTAND BY GENERATOR, LANDSCAPED, SPRINKLER SYSTEM, BALCONY, HOT TUB, OUTSIDE LIGHTING, FENCE, GAS/PROPANE GRILL, SOLAR PANEL OWN
- Lot DescriptionLANDSCAPED, POND, PRIVATE, SECLUDED, WATER FRONTAGE
- RoofMETAL, SLATE, RUBBER
- Address19 Wire Rd.
- AreaOOC - COLUMBIA
- CountyColumbia County
- Zip Code12526
- Interior FeaturesMASTER BATH, FRENCH DOORS, GAS STOVE CONNECTION, WASHER CONNECTION, GARAGE DOOR OPENER, SMOKE DETECTOR, CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR, 9 FT. CEILINGS, SAUNA/STEAM ROOM
- AppliancesDISHWASHER, DRYER, RANGE, RANGE HOOD, REFRIGERATOR, WASHER, OTHER/SEE REMARKS
- HeatingGeo Thermal, STAND BY GENERATOR
- CoolingCENTRAL, GEO THERMAL
- FireplacesOTHER/SEE REMARKS
- DistrictGERMANTOWN CENTRAL SCHOOL
- Listing AgentVicki Hickman
- Listing OfficeHoulihan Lawrence-r
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the IDX of the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than The Machree Group, LLC are marked with IDX logo and the detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Copyright © 2019 by the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.